An Explanation of Our Financial Policy
At RootHealthMD, we are passionate about what we do, and we feel that we have a calling to provide the highest quality natural health care possible to as many people as possible. Just as our services are unique to this region, our financial policies set us apart from mainstream medicine.
Dr. Saila does not participate with any health insurers, Medicaid or Medicare. Our services are strictly on self-pay basis.
- We will provide you with appropriate diagnosis codes and the forms necessary to submit your insurer for reimbursements. A coded receipt called Invoice fulfillment or Superbill, will be uploaded to your portal in 24 hours after the visit.
- You may use your Health savings account to pay for your visits if they are not covered by your insurance. We will be happy to write a medical necessity letter.
- Patient with PPO insurance reports 70-80% reimbursements for out of network services after the deductible is reached. HMO reimbursement is less. Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements are not possible at this time.
- We do not submit medical claims on your behalf, and we are unable to assist you with claim-resolution.
Payments and Deposits:
We require a payment in full at the time of the visit. We require 50% deposit for your initial visit to secure your appointment. When you come to first visit this deposit is applied for your first visit fee. Insurances may not reimburse for telephone visits.
Because each insurance is different, we encourage you to call your insurance for reimbursement options prior to visit.
Question to ask insurance company:
- Does my plan provide out of network coverage?
- How many visits are covered during my benefit year?
- What is the reimbursement rate for new patient appointments and follow up appointments?
- Do I need referral for these appointments? If so it is your responsibility to bring any referral prior to your first appointment.
Please note that we require 2 full business days’ notice to us through patient portal to cancel or reschedule appointment.
- Late cancellations or missed appointments incur $200 fees for initial appointment and $100 fee for follow up appointments, as we are unable to fill this slot with another patient due to short notice.
- Note: If you provide 2- business day notice, your deposit will be applied to your rescheduled appointment or refunded upon request only. A $25 processing fee applies to all refunded fee deposits.
Why we do not accept insurance:
Many patients contacted us asking why we don’t accept insurance. While we fully understand the financial challenge this presents to some patients we have chosen not to bill insurance directly for the following reasons. Our services for functional and integrative medicine go above and beyond the typical care the insurance reimburses. Advanced lab testing interpretations can take anywhere from 45 minutes to one hour. In addition, Functional Medicine & Integrative Medicine require several years of additional training and education on top of the physicians initial training.
Unfortunately, we have found that we cannot stay in the insurance networks and provide the time-intensive, well-researched, expert care that you will get at RootHealthMD.
Please contact the office for specifics regarding visit fees. Additional costs may be incurred for testing, medication, and supplements. Depending on your insurance, some or all of these costs may be reimbursed. Please call the office to discuss with our staff if you have any questions about the financial aspects of the practice. We encourage you to directly contact your insurer to determine if your visits and medications and testing will be covered.